It is an effective tool to monitor their health because few of them fail to recognize the sign of illnesses or the symptoms of the diseases and they are more prone to the degenerative diseases due to their age. Senior Citizen Health check up can also be referred to as preventive health check up because it is one of the modes of early recognition of the diseases, enables immediate medical treatment and reduces the chances of hospitalization. Elderly people often face age-related illnesses like hypertension, anaemia, diabetes etc.Such abnormal conditions of health can lead to chronic diseases which can be fatal. The most common abnormal health conditions to which 60+ age group people are susceptible:
• Anaemiais a condition in which a person has a lower than the normal number of red blood cells or haemoglobin in their blood
• Hypertension is a condition present when blood flows through the blood vessels with a force greater than normal. Also called high blood pressure
• CataractA cataract is a clouding of the lens in the eye that affects vision.
• Osteoarthritis is a condition which is associated with the degeneration of cartilage in the knee joint resulting in joint pain and stiffness.
• Diabetes is a condition that occurs when the blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is too high in the body.