Among the over 100 different types of arthritis conditions, osteoarthritis is the most common joint disease. Osteoarthritis symptoms often develop slowly and worsen over time. Signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
• Pain: Your joint may hurt during or after movement.
• Tenderness: Your joint may feel tender when you apply light pressure to it.
• Stiffness: Joint stiffness may be most noticeable when you wake up in the morning or after a period of inactivity.
• Loss of flexibility: You may not be able to move your joint through its full range of motion.
• Grating sensation: You may hear or feel a grating sensation when you use the joint.
• Bone spurs: These extra bits of bone, which feel like hard lumps, may form around the affected joint.
Osteoarthritis occurs more frequently as we age. Before age 45, osteoarthritis occurs more frequently in males.After 55 years of age , it occurs more frequently in females. Obesity, joint injuries and bone deformities also increases the risk of osteoarthritis. BONE DENSITOMETRY TEST is a diagnostic test that helps you to monitor your bone health. It is similar to the X-Ray scan and accurately measures the density of the bones.